Learn an evidence-based, cognitive behavioural approach to manage low back pain with this CPD course for health professionals. Understand a cognitive behavioural approach to manage ongoing low back pain. The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme focuses on ‘undoing’ beliefs about low back pain, and provides skills to become more active, despite pain.
The programme was developed by experts in psychology, physiotherapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy, and people with long-standing low back pain. According to a rigorous clinical trial, the BeST programme produces long term reductions in people’s pain and disability and is a very cost effective treatment.
On this course you will explore the BeST programme, examining the causes of persistent low back pain, and the cognitive behavioural approach.
What topics will you cover?
– The nature and cause of persistent low back pain.
– The cognitive behavioural approach.
– Exercise and activity for low back pain.
– How thoughts and feelings can influence pain.
– Pain management skills.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Apply a cognitive behavioural approach to effectively help people better manage persistent low back pain.
– Reflect on how to implement these techniques in clinical practice.
– Lead a group back skills training (BeST) programme in your clinical setting.
– Demonstrate understanding of a cognitive behavioural approach to managing persistent low back pain.
ENROLL IN COURSE