This course will teach you the “magic” of getting deep learning to work well. Rather than the deep learning process being a black box, you will understand what drives performance, and be able to more systematically get good results. You will also learn TensorFlow.
After 3 weeks, you will:
– Understand industry best-practices for building deep learning applications.
– Be able to effectively use the common neural network “tricks”, including initialization, L2 and dropout regularization, Batch normalization, gradient checking,
– Be able to implement and apply a variety of optimization algorithms, such as mini-batch gradient descent, Momentum, RMSprop and Adam, and check for their convergence.
– Understand new best-practices for the deep learning era of how to set up train/dev/test sets and analyze bias/variance
– Be able to implement a neural network in TensorFlow.
Who is this class for: This class is for: – Learners that took the first course of the specialization: “Neural Networks and Deep Learning” – Anyone that already understands fully-connected neural networks, and wants to learn the practical aspects of making them work well.
Course 2 of 5 in the Deep Learning Specialization.
Practical aspects of Deep Learning
Graded: Practical aspects of deep learning
Graded: Gradient Checking
Graded: Optimization algorithms
Hyperparameter tuning, Batch Normalization and Programming Frameworks
Graded: Hyperparameter tuning, Batch Normalization, Programming Frameworks
ENROLL IN COURSE